This privacy statement explains what information we (EDMFC/the ‘Club’) hold about you and why we hold it.
An EEC Law – the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – came into effect on the 25th of May 2018 which affects the way clubs, companies and other organisations hold information about their members.
Some website pages, publications and application forms will continue to refer to EU law or provide links to EU law websites. Where references to EU law are made, they now relate to those laws as retained (and amended in UK domestic law) under the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018. There is a rolling programme of updates underway to replace these references.
What information does the EDMFC hold about each member and why?
- The information we hold about you is the information you provided when you filled in the membership application form to join the Club.
- We hold details of your British Model Flying Association (BMFA) Achievement Scheme competency for tuition purposes.
- Your email and/or home address may be used to send out important correspondence. For example: Newsletters, Newsflashes, and Notifications of AGM’s and EGM’s, as well as annual membership renewal notices.
- As a model flyer, you will need to be registered with the Civil Aviation Authority for an Operator ID which must be displayed on your model. The CAA also holds some limited amount of your personal information.
- Your email address or home address may also be used to notify you of Club activities, Club updates and other Important Notices.
Who does the Club share personal information with?
- The Club only shares information with the BMFA for membership and insurance purposes. Membership of the BMFA is a requirement by the Club for membership.
- CAA is described above.
- The Club does not share any member’s personal information with any other organisation or individual.
How long do we keep your information?
- We keep information for as long as we require for ongoing Club administration and only for the purposes for which it was collected.
- When someone decides to cancel their membership, their details will be deleted from the Club records after a maximum of five years.
You have the right to see a copy of the information held about you.
- To do this, please contact the Secretary of the Club: email@example.com
Members will need to agree for the club to pass on the required information; Name, Address, DOB, contact Email and contact telephone number. This information is required by both organisations for registration purposes.